The ACLU of Mississippi works to promote criminal justice reform by working to reduce Mississippi's prison populations and protect the rights guaranteed to the accused, defendants, and prisoners. We focus on:
- Addressing systemic practices of police misconduct.
- Reducing over-incarceration through bail reform.
- Exposing and challenging modern-day debtors' prisons.
- Advocating for transparency and accountability in law enforcement.
- Supporting restorative justice (Ban the Box and other second chance efforts).