We’re looking for the next generation of leaders who dare to create a more perfect union. At the ACLU, we’ve been dedicated to expanding our fight for civil liberties and civil rights for nearly 100 years. Join us in building a better future for everyone in America for the next 100 years
- Exposure: Engage with the issues and the people at the forefront of today’s most impactful civil liberties and civil rights fights and victories.
- Experience: Contribute to meaningful work in our legal department while developing substantive skills and professional experience.
- Mentorship: Learn from ACLU employees on a range of topics through trainings and on-the-job learning.
As an intern, you will be supervised directly by the ACLU of Mississippi’s Legal Director and work with the entire staff on a wide range of civil liberties issues. Legal experiences will range from legal research and brief writing to assisting with all phases of ongoing litigation. Additional opportunities may include conducting legislative analysis, screening and summarizing client intake, and conducting factual investigations into potential civil liberties violations.
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent research skills, including conducting internet and legal database research.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizing and time-management skills.
- The initiative to see projects through to completion.
- A commitment to civil liberties, civil rights, and social justice.
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU of Mississippi.
How to Apply
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line of the email: your name and Legal Intern. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.