The ACLU of Mississippi proudly champions, protects, and defends YOUR sacred, constitutional right to vote.
Voting is the cornerstone of democracy. It opens the door to bring about systemic change in Mississippi. Voting is the fundamental right from which all of our civil liberties stem. A strong and healthy democracy must include the voices of ALL citizens. But, politicians across the nation continue to engage in voter suppression, to stop citizens from exercising their right to vote.
We are working to:
• Improve access to voting,
• Promote, restore, and protect voting rights for the historically disenfranchised,
• Create public awareness about voting rights, inequities, and accessibility,
• Engage and educate voters on the wider voting issues like redistricting and change through ballot initiatives, and
• Advocate for favorable local, state, and national voting rights policies and legislation.