You have the opportunity for your vioce to be heard.
Once every decade, Mississippi redraws district lines based on data gathered in the Census.
Those new district lines determine our political voice, shaping our lives and our communities, for the next ten years.
We need fair district maps to ensure that all Mississippi voters are equally represented – especially Black voters who continue to be targeted by suppressive voting laws.
Make your voice heard: Attend one of nine public hearings hosted by the Mississippi Joint Legislative Redistricting Committee. Demand from legislators a transparent and fair redistricting process. We'll make sure you are equipped with everything you need to know before the meeting.
The statewide redistricting hearings are all scheduled to start at 6 PM.
- Aug. 5: Meridian, at Meridian Community College in the McCain Theater.
- Aug. 6: Tupelo, Itawamba Community College Belden Center.
- Aug. 9: Senatobia, Northwest Community College Haraway Center.
- Aug. 11: Itta Bena, Mississippi Valley State University William A. Butts Social Science Building.
- Aug. 12: Starkville, Mississippi State University Hunter Henry Center.
- Aug. 16: Natchez, Alcorn State University Business School Auditorium.
- Aug. 18: Gulfport, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Harrison County campus Fine Arts Auditorium.
- Aug. 19: Hattiesburg, University of Southern Mississippi Joe Paul Theater in the Thad Cochran Center.
- Aug. 23: Jackson, Mississippi Capitol, room 216.