On Saturday, June 30th, families, advocates, and allies will hold a rally in front of the Governor’s Mansion as part of a day of action to call for an end to the Trump administration’s inhumane zero-tolerance policy.
We are also sending a clarion call to Governor Bryant:
- Recall Mississippi National Guard troops from border;
- Refuse to send any additional troops; and
- Withdraw support for jailing children and families along the border and forbid the use of future state resources that support 'zero tolerance policy' actions of federal entities, including entry prosecutions, separating children from their parents or legal guardians, or detaining families indefinitely.
This effort is part of the ongoing #FamiliesBelongTogether campaign to stop the separation of families as well as the administration’s systemic criminalization of immigrant communities.
Please join us.
Partners in solidarity include:
- Indivisible Jackson
- MS Immigrant Rights Alliance
- Mississippi Alliance of State Employees (MASE/CWA) Local 3570
- Organizing for America
- One Voice
- Pantsuit Nation
- Planned Parenthood Southeast
- Poor People's Campaign
- Standing Up For Racial Justice