Voting is the cornerstone of our democracy. It is the fundamental right upon which all of our civil liberties rest. A strong and healthy democracy must include the voices of all citizens. The ACLU of Mississippi is committed to protecting voting rights and ensuring that every citizen maintains that right.
Get ready to vote in 2019.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- June 22 - Absentee Ballots for the Primary Election available in your local circuit clerk's office
- July 8 - Voter Registration Deadline to vote in the Primary Election
- July 29 - Voter Registration Deadline to vote in the Primary Run-Off Election
- August 6 - PRIMARY ELECTION
- August 27 - PRIMARY RUN-OFF ELECTION*
- September 21 - Absentee Ballots for the November General Election available in your local circuit clerk's office
- October 7 - Voter Registration Deadline to vote in the General Election
- October 28 - Voter Registration Deadline to vote in the General Run-Off Election
- November 5 - GENERAL ELECTION
- November 26 - General Run-Off Election Day*
The Voting Rights Guide below is designed to help protect your right to vote.
Take the first step. Get registered to vote!
Check Your Voter Status
Voting with a Felony Conviction in Mississippi
Unless you’ve been convicted by a Mississippi court of one of 23 specific crimes, you can vote in Mississippi at all times – even while you are incarcerated.
Download our Know Your Rights Card below.
MS’s Voter ID Law
Download our Voter ID Guide below.
You must show photo ID to vote in-person in Mississippi. If you don’t have the right kind of ID, you can get one for FREE through the Secretary of State’s office. Download our Voter ID guide below for more information.
Not sure where you vote? Find out where your precinct is located.
Voting can be a cumbersome task for the transgender and gender non-conforming community now that Voter ID is a requirement at every election. We want to create a barrier-free and non-threatening zone so that all transgender and gender non-conforming Mississippians can cast their ballot without fear or intimidation.