Everyone, no matter their age, deserves to live as their authentic selves. Legislation like House Bill 1125 is an attempt to criminalize parents and healthcare providers for supporting Mississippi youth during their most challenging years.
What will HB 1125 do?
- HB 1125 will prohibit minors under 18 years old from seeking gender affirming care such as puberty blockers, hormone replacement therapy, or surgeries. It will strip parents of their fundamental right to guide the health care of their children.
Why is gender affirming care important?
- Trans youth are not making these decisions on their own. This is care supported by every major medical association and which is provided through evidence-based standards.
- Denying medical care and support to transgender youth as been shown to contribute to depression, social isolation, self-hatred, risk of self-harm and suicidal behavior, and more. In short: it's life threatening.
How can I help?
Our state should be a safe place to raise every family. This decision directly impacts our local communities. It is essential that we defend the rights, autonomy, and health of our trans youth.
- Send an email to Lieutenant Governor Delbert Hosemann
- Call Lieutenant Governor's office Delbert Hosemann and tell him to oppose HB 1125.
Call the Lieutenant Governor's office at (601) 359-3200 and say you want to leave a message for the Lieutenant Governor.
Hi, I'm ________ and I live at _________.
I'm calling to ask Lieutenant Governor Delbert Hosemann to oppose HB 1125. Adolescents, parents, and doctors should be allowed to make their own decisions about their health. Transgender youth need their medical needs met just like all other young people.