Mississippi ranked last in education attainment in the last census and among the nation’s worst when it comes to removing children from the classroom and shifting them into the school to prison pipeline. We are championing educational opportunities for all students by:
- Improving school districts' response to school discipline.
- Advocating for students with disabilities.
- Building community capacity to advocate for students with disabilities and students facing suspension or expulsion.
- Monitoring and challenging racial impact of education policies.
- Impacting state policy to eliminate practices that contribute to the school-to-prison pipeline.
- Reducing exclusionary discipline practices by developing and implementing school comprehensive strategies.