The ACLU of Mississippi is seeking a communications intern interested in non-profit communications, public relations, and marketing. This internship is unpaid, with the opportunity to earn school credit, if applicable.
The qualified candidate should have the ability to implement our organization's social media and marketing strategy.
Duties may include:
- Assisting in social media
- Updating media contact lists
- Researching relevant blogs
- Writing press releases
- Writing pieces for newsletter, blog and Web site
- Working on special projects (i.e. brochures, Web site redesign, etc.)
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Excellent research, writing and communications skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with the Internet, especially social networking sites
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- A strong interest in civil liberties
Please email a resume and cover letter to the ACLU-MS Intern Coordinator describing your experience and why you are interested in interning for the ACLU of Mississippi and what you will bring to this position in .pdf (preferred) or .doc/.docx format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Contact our office at 601.354.3408 with specific questions.
This position requires a minimum commitment of two days per week (15-20 weekly hours), including the possibility several evenings each month. Class credit is always a possibility --- we will work with your school to facilitate the completion of desired class credits.