The ACLU of Mississippi works to promote criminal justice reform by working to reduce Mississippi's prison populations and protect the rights guaranteed to the accused, defendants, and prisoners. We focus on:
- Monitoring private prisons and reporting on conditions in facilities.
- Addressing systemic practices of police misconduct.
- Reducing over-incarceration through sentencing reform.
- Monitor and report on healthcare access for incarcerated individuals.
- Improving training for School Resource Officers (SROs).