More Ways to Get Involved
Since Election Day, the ACLU has received thousands of donations, emails, calls, and offers of support.
All eyes are on America. And the ACLU of Mississippi remains vigilant in the halls of the legislature, in the courts, and throughout our communities.
Here are a few ways you can help us out:
- Volunteer your time and talents.
- Organize or attend a solidarity gathering to bring people together and prepare for the future. Use our volunteer form to express your interests!
- Become a legal observer! Contact us to get involved.
- Know your rights so that you can better protect yourself, your family, and your community.
- Engage with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Ready to take action?
Here are 10 immediate steps you can take now to help protect civil liberties, reinforcing the values of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
- Become a member of the ACLU of MS.
- Recruit three or more new members to join the ACLU of MS.
- Sign up to receive email Action Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Help us spread the ACLU of MS’s messages by ‘Liking,’ commenting on, and sharing our Facebook and Instagram posts, and ‘Liking’ and Retweeting us on Twitter.
- Contact your representatives in Congress and the Mississippi Legislature (State Senators and State Representatives) and express support for the ACLU of MS’s top priorities and efforts.
- Sign up to volunteer to assist the advocacy team on the ACLU of MS’s top priorities.
- Help organize a public education forum on an ACLU of MS priority issue. Find contact information for your local chapter here.
- Staff a table at a local farmer’s market, college campus or any community event to sign up new members and to pass out ACLU of MS materials and information.
- Make a tax-deductible contribution to support the work of the ACLU of MS.
- Represent the ACLU with clothing, stickers, pocket constitutions, and much more available on our online store.